1. NAD Convention: July 3-7 in Kentucky (www.nad.org)
2. DYUSA Retreat: June 28- July 3 in Kentucky (www.dyusa.org)
3. HLAA Convention: June 21-24 in Rhode Island (www.hearingloss.org)
4. MCDHH will move their offices downtown along with MRC and MCB (www.mass.gov/mcdhh/)
5. MCDHH, MRC and MCB will host a convention in June
6. DEAF, Inc. will be hosting a 35th anniversary event in July (www.deafinconline.org)
7. NUDC is no longer operating
II. Progress Reports
1. Web Presence
- www.bostonaccess.org is linked in with our blog domain
- www.twitter.com/baad is linked into Facebook
- www.facebook.com/#!/groups/2324420039/ is a feed with 214 followers
2. College Panel
- Event is confirmed with The Learning Center for the Deaf, April 26 1-2pm
3. NYC Network
- Community assessment and strategic plan is available per request email@example.com
4. Deaf Deaf World
- BAAD networked at event on March 5, 2012 at Boston University
III. Old Business
1. General Meeting
- We will host a general meeting on April 26, 630-8PM
- Meeting will include announcements, group activities and social chat.
2. Fall Orientation
- Event was hosted on November 17, 2011
- Future orientations will begin planning in Summer
- Outreach to university students will begin in late Spring
3. NYC Network
- Many kinds of art and entertainment are accessible for the deaf community
- There is no central information or resource center
IV. New Business
1. Web Calendar
- We will begin hosting a calendar and links to community resources.
2. Poetry Jam
- We will facilitate a poetry jam at BU after the general meeting.
- We will film the event and upload footage onto the web.
- We will begin relations with NYC ASL Slam.